Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tasty Tuesday

On Tuesdays, I figured I would share a recipe. I'll try to share one I've already tried, and attempt to take pictures when I cook so I can share those too! We have had a cold front here in GA, and it has definitely put me in the fall mood. With that being said, here is one of my favorite soups I've made this year- potato soup. The best part is- its made in a slow cooker!


5 pounds russet potatos, washed but NOT peeled. Diced into 1/2 inch(ish) cubes {I used red potatos, and it turned out great!}
1 medium/large yellow onion, diced
10 cloves of garlic, minced
64 ounces (8 cups) chicken stock or broth
16 oz cream cheese, softened {I use low fat}
1 tablespoon seasoned salt
optional garnishes: crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, green onions

Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning, and chicken stock to slow cooker.
Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
Add the softened cream cheese and puree soup with an immersion blender until the cheese is incorporated and about half the soup is blended. (Alternately you could remove half the soup and the cream cheese to an upright blender, then re-incorporate).
Stir well, top with your choice of garnishes & enjoy!

Original recipe and picture found here

No comments:

Post a Comment